Product Owner - Social Determinants of HealthHybrid | Eagan, Minnesota
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota is hiring a Product Owner – Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) in Eagan, MN. This Product Owner will be working at the intersection of social needs, health outcomes, and equity. As the Product Owner, you will be responsible for defining the product vision and managing the product delivery process for a new product at Blue Cross focused on SDoH. In this role, the Product Owner will partner with product management, quality, analytics, other clinical product owners, racial and health equity, and key stakeholders to translate business, community, customer priorities into a product strategy, vision, and roadmap.
As a Product Owner, you should have the ability to plan and manage the product development from start to finish and ensure that the product(s) meet the customer's needs. The Product Owner partners with an agile delivery team & stakeholders to foster an environment of continuous delivery and improvement. A top-notch Product Owner will be passionate about paving the way for everyone to achieve their healthiest life, results driven, have excellent organizational, servant leadership, and relationship building skills, be comfortable working through ambiguity, and be a key thought leader for our stakeholders/customers.
This is a hybrid role that will require being onsite, in Eagan, MN,or in community.
A Day in the Life:
- Serves as the "voice of the product" and therefore is the liaison between the business and the Scrum Teams; translating features into user stories within a team’s backlog and managing, ranking and prioritizing this backlog so that it is reflective of stakeholder requirements and priorities.
- Final signoff and acceptance responsibility for user stories/features and backlog items.
- Collaborate with team(s) and Stakeholder(s) to discover and deliver the best solution to the market problem(s) presented by the Product Manager (business).
- Examine market trends, business and public data, member demographics and risks, community needs, and regulatory changes for opportunities to continually improve the product and create value by addressing social determinants of health.
- Works with the business to understand coordinate ranking and prioritize business needs and plan solutions to ensure that each release provides business value to end users sales and marketing.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure solutions are culturally relevant, meaningful, and engaging for our members and community.
- Collaborate internally with key stakeholders to identify synergies and foster strategic alignment of SDoH work across the organization.
- Manage the solution concept development process to ensure the product team understands the direction and vision.
- Establish performance measures and monitor to ensure value is realized.
- Create and maintain backlog ownership of work through the product life cycle.
- Utilize best practices to create user stories/backlog items and their acceptance criteria.
- Help provide input into business cases and translate into product backlog stories/items.
- Serve as the Product Management (business) proxy and decision point to represent the stakeholders.
- Reviews and accepts/rejects results both during a Sprint and in the Sprint review.
- Attends sprint ceremonies and is available to team during the sprint for clarifications and acceptance of user stories.
- Capture and prioritize issues or incidents for the team backlog.
- Presents work to team from Team Backlog during Sprint Planning for acceptance by the Team in a Sprint, negotiates Sprint goals with the Team.
- Thought leader for SDoH within the organization and represents Blue Cross externally and with clients/customers for SDoH focused meetings and events.
- Encourages innovation and experimentation on teams to drive team engagement.
- Mentor/coach other Product Owners
- Generally, Sr Product Owner will have accountability of enterprise product(s). Number of products, product size, revenue impacts and/or complexity are all considerations in performance.
Requirements Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in Product Ownership and/or Product Management. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered
- Experience writing User Stories and experience implementing Agile methodologies
- Experience developing short term and long-term roadmaps
- Work with stakeholder(s) to establish Product Outcomes goals and track progress
- Able to lead: user story mapping, journey mapping and stakeholder canvas exercises
- Demonstrated presentation skills with leadership and key stakeholders
- Experience conducting current state vs future state mapping and delivering upon identified product gaps
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience interacting confidently with key stakeholders, as a subject matter expert and comfortable with influencing decision-making
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to negotiate expectations between multiple parties
- Experience in program management and process improvement with high level of execution focus preferred.
- Experience as an Agile/JIRA Product Owner
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health care, business management or a relevant field
- Experience working in managed care/healthcare insurance industry with a focus on chronic conditions, behavior change or health improvement strongly preferred
- Experience in Population Health, Community Health, Health Plan Quality and/or Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) strongly preferred.
- One of the following certifications: Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), SAFe PM/PO or LeSS
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Be the first to know when new opportunities become available by joining our Talent Community.