Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How is this Role Important to Our Work?
The Solutions Architect contributes to Enterprise Data Platform solutions that integrate data across applications, systems, and other platforms. Works with program and project managers, other architects, and delivery teams to effectively execute the technology driven business solution across initiatives to ensure an optimal, high level, conceptual design. Translates business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives. Executes architecture frameworks, ingestion and integration patterns, proof-of-concept, architecture standards and reference architectures. Serves as a data and technology expert.
A Day in the Life:
- Responsible for utilizing cloud computing architecture to support the development of secure, reliable, cost-efficient, high-performance, and operationally sound applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Has a good understanding of the principles and services used in developing a technical cloud strategy, assisting with cloud migration efforts, examining workload architectures, and providing guidance and recommendations on how to address high-risk issues.
- Implements ETL/ELT pipelines using custom and packaged tools.
- Designs configurable frameworks and identifies patterns for building robust data pipelines.
- Keeps up to date with the best practices of AWS services and solutions and industry trends.
- Presents findings, recommendations, and proof of concepts (POC) to the team, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Documents, maintains, and contributes to the enterprise data architecture, which includes principles, standards, and models for transactional and analytical systems serving tactical needs.
- Conducts project and foundational data analysis, data design and modeling, and architectural reviews while ensuring quality and compliance to the enterprise data strategy.
- Researches and maintains awareness of current and emerging process, policy, and technology solutions related to Information Technology and overall strategy.
- Mentors and educates others in data architecture principles through the project development life cycle.
- Provides technical guidance and mentors others.
- Reviews deliverables to ensure they meet architect standards.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- Healthcare experience highly preferred
- AWS Solution Architect certification
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of related professional experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered
- Ability to design complex to highly complex application programs and systems.
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL/ELT to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g., Power BI, Python, SQL, R, etc.)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS)
- Knowledge and understanding of architecture, application and or system engineering and integration.
- Experience in creating and leading architecture of multiple applications/systems using a variety of technologies.
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Be the first to know when new opportunities become available by joining our Talent Community.