Senior Software EngineerHybrid Remote | Eagan, Minnesota
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How is This Role Important to Our Work?
We are looking for passionate, hard-working Techology consultant who can help us build innovative technology experiences that will support BlueCross’s mission to inspire change, transform care and improve health for the people we serve.
A Day in the Life:
- Analyze, design, configure, debug, maintain new or existing [Pega, SAP, ServiceNow, Salesforce] systems.
- Work collaboratively on a daily scrum team with a scrum master, product owner, analysts, other developers, and testers to iteratively deliver functional code to production.
- Work with business customers, analysts, and team members to understand requirements.
- Contribute to system designs and technology platform decisions.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
- Leverage established platform configuration and customization best practices.
- This job may include on-call duties.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 3+ years of related professional experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered.
- Essential Candidate Qualities:
- Creative thinking, strong communication skills, creativity, curiosity, self-motivated, time managements skills
- Strong experience with:
- Java, WebSphere, SQL (Oracle preferred), REST, SOAP, Lambda, Node JS, XML, and JSON
- Knowledge, experience, and familiarity with:
- GitLab, Talend, Jira, Microsoft Teams, ServiceNow, data modeling, requirements gathering
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with agile, DevOps, IT Service Management, and other development and support processes and methodologies.
- In depth prototype design and implementation experience.
- Worked in an organization of 250 or more users with experience providing user support, training, and data cleanup and/or data migration.
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Be the first to know when new opportunities become available by joining our Talent Community.