Senior Product Owner - Clinical Data Exchange/EPICHybrid Remote | Eagan, Minnesota
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
The Clinical Data Exchange/EPIC Product Owner is responsible for the overall management of data [or] analytics products and capabilities as well as their product lifecycles to meet the needs of the business area. The Clinical Data Exchange/EPIC Product Owner will collaborate with business stakeholders, other product owner(s) and tech leads to ensure their product plans are aligned to the overall enterprise product roadmap and business outcomes. The lifecycle includes understanding the market needs, development of product strategy, and facilitation of the assigned product planning. The planning will incorporate all software lifecycle (build or buy) requirements, design, development, implementation, and support efforts. In addition, the Clinical Data Exchange/EPIC Product Owner will work with the business area to adapt and change business processes, and/or procedures to enable the change. The Clinical Data Exchange/EPIC Product Owner will evangelize for their products and will work with their product leadership to establish performance and cost measures to ensure alignment to business strategy and objectives. Finally, The Senior Product Owner will define the product strategy, deliver incremental features within budget, and track the impact by monitoring OKRs and KPIs.
A successful candidate will have a strong sense of curiosity and empathy, and 5+ years of experience in leading cross-functional teams to deliver products that meet the needs and expectations of our clients and members.
A Day in the Life:
Develop a deep understanding of customer, business goals and processes to inform capability and product priorities as well as improvement recommendations
Develop strong relationships and regularly communicate with product stakeholders and customers to shape the product strategy and surface and prioritize needs
Partner with the business team leadership and other product owner(s) to develop and prioritize roadmap that will enable the business unit’s needs
In partnership with tech leads and other product owner(s), the Analytics [or] Data Capability Product Owner will lead product strategy, planning, and life cycle management efforts
Define and drive business priorities and deliverables in alignment with business scope and in alignment to the strategy
Bring a data-driven approach to decision making, including allocating funds and developing and tracking Objects & Key Results (OKRs) that drive product success
Act as “voice of the end-user”. Proactively seek customer feedback to learn and better understand their needs and requirements and ensure end-to-end delivery features
Work in partnership with their product designated tech leads and other product owner(s)
Work with the Scrum Master to establish product roadmaps and release plans that satisfy requirements and achieve business outcomes
Determine internal and contract/external resources and skills required for the product team to deliver on the product roadmap – any resource needs should be management’s role
Manage investment decision making and finances for the product, taking a return-on-investment approach to increasing the value while minimizing product costs
Collaborate with Capability Management and Architecture team to ensure delivery is aligned to address capability gaps and aligns to enterprise technical architecture
Product Delivery, Product Operations & Product Performance
Perform or contribute to translating business requirements into user stories
Implement, optimize, and enhance analytics tools to support the diverse needs of the business area
Enable the adoption of analytics capabilities at BCBSMN via training, product documentation, and implementation support
Manage all communications about analytics products and capabilities serving the business area
Are servant leaders at heart and look for opportunities to help build up the team and individuals
Partner with external vendors throughout proof of concept, implementation, and stabilization of analytics tools
Serve as product manager for multiple, related analytics [or] data products and capabilities
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, business, technical degree or a relevant field
- Experience working in the managed care/healthcare insurance industry
- Experience in working with EPIC
- Experience around clinical data exchange best practices
- One of the following certifications: Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), SAFe PM/PO or LeSS
Required Skills & Experiences:
- 5+ years of related professional experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered.
- Experience with writing business/functional requirements and experience implementing Agile methodologies
- Experience developing short term and long term roadmaps
- Work with stakeholder(s) to establish Product Outcomes goals and track progress
- Able to lead: user story mapping, journey mapping and stakeholder canvas exercises
- Demonstrated presentation skills with leadership and key stakeholders
- Experience conducting current state vs future state mapping and delivering upon identified product gaps
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Experience interacting confidently with key stakeholders, as a subject matter expert and comfortable with influencing decision-making preferred.
- Exceptional written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to negotiate expectations between multiple parties highly preferred.
- Experience in program management and process improvement with high level of execution focus preferred.
- Experience as an Agile/JIRA product owner
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Be the first to know when new opportunities become available by joining our Talent Community.