Senior Population Health & Affordability Program LeadHybrid Remote | Eagan, Minnesota
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
This position is a key contributor to the development and implementation of sustainability initiatives and efforts related to population health and/or affordability of care. As such this position supports the development of program concepts and associated business cases, assists in the identification of program requirements and value, develops appropriate project plans and tracking/reporting mechanisms, and drives cross-functional program implementation efforts. This position also supports the identification and design of potential concepts and programs, as applicable. This position may represent the department/division on corporate projects, coordinates customer (internal or external) needs, provides input to the team, will lead on routine projects and run work groups. This position requires minimal management direction.
A Day in the Life:
- This position supports the development and implementation of programs in the space of population health and/or affordability of care.
- Supports the effective execution of program initiatives
- Assists in the design and creation of business cases associated concepts as they are evaluated for potential implementation
- Develops appropriate project plans, tracking / reporting mechanisms, initiative documentation, change management plans, resource evaluation, and other associated program deliverables / activities
- Participates in project design, development and operational readiness activities
- Supports post-launch monitoring and operationalization processes to track outcomes and success measures
- Researches and responds to internal and external inquiries.
- Will support and may lead sustainability projects and run work groups.
- This position requires a strong ability to work independently with minimal management direction.
- Ability to navigate through various systems and departments to obtain accurate information to be utilized in analysis and projects, build consensus, identify and mitigate risk issues, evaluate and support the development of business cases.
- Is familiar with, and stays abreast of, industry related changes and advancements.
- May be involved with evaluating and implementing vendor strategies as applicable.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree.
- Population health and/or affordability of care experience specifically.
- Project management and/or process improvement certification.
- Financial acumen.
- Vendor experience (evaluation and/or management).
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of related professional experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated program development / implementation experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong empathy, curiosity, and cultural competency.
- Cross-functional team experience.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities, deadlines, and adapt to change.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to act independently and think creatively to come up with initiative solutions.
- Strong organizational, reporting and documentation skills.
- MS office applications experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Work with minimal management direction.
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Be the first to know when new opportunities become available by joining our Talent Community.