Senior Accounting & Billing Analyst - Self Insured BillingHybrid Remote | Eagan, Minnesota
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
The Senior Accounting & Billing Analyst performs specialized accounting and billing assignments related to self-funded accounts. These include, but are not limited to, supervising the billing process, performing financial analysis, reporting, and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoices and payments. The Senior Accounting & Billing Analyst will work to support the company’s strategic goals and objectives.
A Day in the Life:
- Analyzes billing transactions and complex accounting interrelationships to help find opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Promptly responds to internal and external client needs.
- Set up and maintain billing system, including client/group structure and rates.
- Provides day-to-day assistance to junior level accountants within the department.
- Performs weekly self-insured client billing process.
- Assist with audits and other financial projects as required.
- Completes vital audit workbooks in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that systems and procedures are in compliance with company policy and practices. Identifies and resolves billing issues and discrepancies.
- Reconciles difficult accounts, prepares correcting entries as needed and reviews general ledger postings for accuracy.
- Partners with vendors for design/configuration of platforms used for self-funded billing and related accounting.
- Drafts and maintains procedures for self-insured billing processes.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Health plan experience
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of accounting and/or billing experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills including interacting and partnering with a diverse range of internal and external constituents and partners.
- Strong written, oral, and listening communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with complex Microsoft excel workbooks and formulas
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Be the first to know when new opportunities become available by joining our Talent Community.