Facets Platform Senior ArchitectRemote
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
The Facets Platform Senior Architect is responsible for developing and enhancing the BlueCross MN TriZetto Facets based claims processing platform and its integrations with other enterprise applications, systems, and platforms. Aligns business and technology strategies to define project and/or product architecture that enables business objectives. Works with project managers, product owners, other architects, and delivery teams to effectively manage the technology solution across initiatives to ensure an optimal, high level, conceptual design. Analyzes and translates business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives. Contributes to enterprise level architecture frameworks, proof-of-concept, architecture standards and reference architectures. Servers as an advanced level technology expert for a Facets based payer platform.
A Day in the Life:
- Develops and generate architectural solutions for the BlueCross MN TriZetto Facets payer platform. Works with architecture team to develop and communicate guidelines and best practices for specific technology use.
- Provides governance over Facets platform architecture plan documentation and may propose changes in policy, process, and standards as they relate to design principles ensuring adherence to Architecture Standards.
- Plan Facets upgrades and releases in collaboration with internal teams including AWS Cloud Infrastructure team, Security team, Business Operations team, and Facets application support team.
- Collaborates with business partners and IT to align strategies, advocating and communicating information technology strategies to the business and business strategies to IT.
- Researches and maintains awareness of current TriZetto Facets product developments and related and emerging process, policy, and technology solutions.
- Serves as an internal Facets technical expert in design efforts, proof of concept (POC) exercises, analysis of solutions, performance tuning/testing and interfaces for new software deliverables or for making significant enhancements to existing ones.
- Provides advanced level technical guidance, and mentors or leads others.
- Reviews deliverables to ensure they met architect standards.
- Utilizes a high level of business knowledge and multiple areas of technical expertise to define the Facets roadmap.
- Develops, documents, and maintains the Facets data architecture which includes the principles, standards and models for transactional and analytical systems serving both strategic and tactical needs.
- Executes project and foundational data analysis, data design and modeling, and architectural reviews while ensuring quality and compliancy to the enterprise data strategy.
- Mentors, educates and leads others in data architecture strategic directives, principles through project development life cycle.
- Maintains an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups as well as State and Federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security.
- Identifies regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards, and procedures, and recommend appropriate changes.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and the safeguarding of the corporations reputation through the assurance of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate and personally sensitive information.
- Owns and delivers conceptual design for highly complex efforts.
- Contributes to the development of guidelines and best practices for specific technology use.
- Performs sizing level estimates for proposed and/or upcoming efforts.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Certification in TOGAF or similar architecture methodology
- Specialized knowledge of BCBS computer methodologies.
- Specialized knowledge of multiple business areas.
- Technical Certifications in one or more technical disciplines or products.
- Participation in user groups (AEA, ACM, IEEE).
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Experience implementing, designing, or supporting a TriZetto Facets based claims processing platform.
- Experience and familiarity with Facets configurations, integrations, installations, APIs, and data model.
- 5+ years of related professional experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered.
- Advanced or specialized level of ability to design complex to highly complex application programs and systems.
- Advanced or specialized knowledge and understanding of architecture, application and or system engineering and integration.
- Advanced level of experience creating and leading architecture of multiple applications/systems using a variety of technologies.
- Advanced or specialized knowledge of technical in the health insurance industry.
- Highly skilled at oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly skilled at human relations to effectively interact with leadership and management, peers, business partners and vendors.
- Highly skilled at systems, creative, critical and analytical thinking, decision making and problem solving.
- Advanced level understanding of the standards and deliverables to ensure integrity of the design process.
- Advanced level knowledge of general business applications and business processes.
- Highly skilled at hands-on communication, facilitation, collaboration and leadership.
- Highly skilled at influencing and motivating individuals and teams.
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Be the first to know when new opportunities become available by joining our Talent Community.