Technical Engineer Sr-Directory Services Job
Date: Oct 23, 2013
Location: Eagan, MN, US
Looking for a candidate with strong Enterprise Directory Services, Radiant Logic, Novell, EDirectory experience. The ideal candidate will make recommendations to reduce complexity and evaluate customer requirements characterized by technical and analytical requirements. The person will work closely with the Database Administrators, Security Administrators, Capacity Planning & Monitoring, Service Desk Scheduling and, Network Administrators when designing and implementing computer systems utilizing “state of the art” concepts, techniques and languages. Under the direction of Technical Engineer Pr. and Technical Engineering Architects will plan, develop, test and document computer systems and provide follow up to ensure success of the environment
1. Conducts detailed analysis and study of customer requirements for new or existing projects to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current systems and hardware capabilities.
2. Works closely with the Database Administrators, Security Administrators, Capacity Planning & Monitoring, Service Desk Scheduling and Network Administrators while adhering to standards.
3. Installs, tests and implements operational computer systems in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with departmental procedures and standards.
4. Participates in script development and automation to optimize environment and reduce variability.
5. Participates on project teams as necessary. Develops documentation while coordinating the efforts of those working on projects regarding procedures, techniques and work plans.
6. Performs maintenance to existing computer systems and documentation in an effective and timely manner.
7. Reads and understands Software Architectural Design (SAD) and Technical Architectural Design (TAD) documents and assist in building / configuring systems to specifications.
8. Participates with (TAD) documentation.
9. Install server operating system, vendor system software and hardware as needed.
10. Participate in problem solving as needed, works closely with vendors to solve software and hardware problems.
11. Follows standards for problem management and change control.
12. 24x7 on-call rotation responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field and 4 years of work related experience in a data processing environment, or 8 years of work related experience in a data processing environment in lieu of a degree 3 years experience in information systems development, system analysis and design, program design and documentation preparation.
- Strong understanding of LDAP and Enterprise Directory
- Candidates must have 3 out of the 5 LDAP experience( Radiant Logic, Novell, Tivoli Directory Server, NDS or Active Directory)
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of information engineering projects; systems analysis, design and programming using standard tools and methods, systems planning, business information planning.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and correctly identify the customer’s needs
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a background check and drug test before beginning employment.
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Eagan
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Engineer, Information Systems, Service Desk, Computer Science, Database, Engineering, Technology, Customer Service